At HMC, we are committed to providing you with high-quality patient care and services. That commitment includes sharing information with you about our billing process for healthcare services. We will talk with you about patient expenses and send you a bill in as timely a manner as possible.
Hospital Billing Policies
Hopedale Medical Complex is committed to ensuring that you receive your full benefits from your insurance coverage as well as consideration under our financial assistance program, if applicable. Before we send you a statement of your remaining responsibility, we will bill your insurance provider, including Medicare and Medicaid, and any secondary insurance that you may have. We do not charge interest on any balance due. We will send you an easy to understand billing statement which will show you the most current balance owed on your account including any insurance payments and time of service payments you have previously made. If you are not able to pay in full, please contact us to discuss a payment plan or financial assistance. Emergency services are never delayed or withheld on the basis of patient’s ability to pay.
Follow this checklist to help ensure a smooth billing process.
Before your appointment/testing/service:
- Contact your insurance company to make sure that you understand your benefits and your plan's requirements.
- Confirm that Hopedale Medical Complex and Drs. Alfred, Matthew, and Phillip Rossi are contracted providers for your insurance plan.
- Please feel free to contact the Patient Accounting Department at 309.449.4377 with any questions or concerns.
On the day of your appointment/testing/surgery:
- Bring your current insurance card with you. This will ensure that we have the most accurate information for billing purposes.
- Bring a photo ID with you.
Prior to the day of your scheduled service, a Patient Access Representative will contact you to provide and confirm your appointment time and provide you insurance benefit information for your specific insurance plan including your estimated patient financial responsibility for the scheduled service. This information is provided to you as a help, to enable you as the patient, to have a better understanding of your insurance benefits and coverage along with the estimated amount that will be your responsibility. On the day of service, you may take care of this estimated patient responsibility by cash, check, credit card, or establishing a payment plan. If you are unable to pay, we will discuss financial assistance with you at this time.
Hopedale Medical Complex is committed to ensuring that our patients are informed about their financial responsibility. We will be happy to provide estimates for services as requested. Please contact 309-449-4377 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an estimate. Please allow 2 business days for this service.
If you do not have health insurance or if you are concerned that you may not have enough insurance to cover the costs of your services, HMC wants to assist you. There are a number of ways that we can help you:
- We can meet with you to discuss financial assistance options. You may stop by the Patient Accounts Office located in the HMC Administration Building Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- You may call the Patient Accounts Department at 309-449-4377 and speak to a Patient Financial Services Representative.
- When you receive your statement, there is a Financial Assistance Application located on the back of the statement. You may complete this application and return it via mail or in person along with the requested supporting documentation.
Financial Assistance may include:
- Determining your eligibility for free health care services.
- Determining your eligibility for a reduction in the amount you owe for services.
- Establishing an interest-free payment plan.
In order for you to qualify for Financial Assistance, we will need a Financial Assistance application completed along with requested supporting documentation submitted to us either in person or via mail: Hopedale Medical Complex, Attn: Financial Assistance, P. O. Box 267, Hopedale, IL 61747.
We realize that some of the questions that we ask are sensitive, but it is necessary that we receive this information to help you. You have our commitment that we will respect you and your privacy during this process. If you would like more information about our Financial Assistance Policy it can be found here.
For those with commercial insurance, Hopedale Medical Complex will bill your insurance as a courtesy to you but, ultimately it is the patient’s responsibility to pay the balance due HMC even if a dispute arises over insurance coverage or if insurance coverage is denied. HMC is required to collect the insurance identified patient responsibility portions that remain after your claim has been processed by your insurance company.
We recommend that if you have questions regarding your insurance plan coverage that you contact your insurance company directly for assistance as they will be best able to provide you information about your insurance coverage and benefits.
Hopedale Medical Complex Contracted Insurance Companies/Networks
Hopedale Medical Complex accepts most insurance plans except for HMO’s. This does not mean that Hopedale Medical Complex (HMC) is “IN NETWORK” for all insurance plans. Please check with your individual insurance company to verify that Hopedale Medical Complex is an “IN NETWORK” provider for your personal insurance plan.
Here is the list of Contracted Insurance Companies/Networks:
- Illinois Medicaid
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- HFN, Inc.
- Methodist First Choice
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- Prime Health Services
- HSTechnology Solutions Inc.
If you have questions about or would like to obtain a copy of your bill please have your date of service, account number and/or Social Security number available and call 309.449.4377 Monday- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. You may also find answers to some of your questions on our billing FAQ page by clicking here.
If you have questions about bills from other healthcare providers, please call the number listed on those bills.