Since 1980, the Hopedale Medical Foundation has provided scholarships to local area students who have pursued careers in the agricultural or medical field. The Foundation has awarded over $560,000 in scholarships to local area schools, and the foundation continues to provide these scholarships each spring.
All public high school seniors, college freshmen, and private and home-school seniors whose permanent residence has been within the below school districts for a minimum of one year prior to application are eligible.
- Olympia School District
- Tremont School District
- Delavan School District
- Hartsburg-Emden School District
- Deer Creek-Mackinaw School District
- Midwest Central School District
Applications are judged by an independent panel of judges who will review the applicants':
|ACT/SAT Scores||Financial Need (Optional)|
|Class Standing||Counselor's Recommendation|
|Applicant's Narrative||Other Favorable Recommendations|
2021 Scholarships to be Awarded:
- $3,000 Founder's (Healthcare) Scholarship
- $2,000 John Rossi Memorial Nursing Scholarship (May be awarded separate from or in addition to other winners.)
- $2,000 Donna Bitner Springer Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Neil Alford, Jr. Agricultural Scholarship
- $1,000 Phyllis Martin Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Orville Augsburger/Dorene Oehler Scholarship
- $1,000 David Eckhardt Scholarship
For questions, or additional information, please contact Becky Powell, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm at 309.449.4296. For 2021, applications must be received in the HMC Administration office by Friday, March 26, 2021 at 4:00pm. No email applications, please. Winners will be announced on or before April 16, 2021.
Please note: If you are applying for a nursing scholarship from this page, you might find it also beneficial to look at the Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing Scholarship information.