Since 1980, the Hopedale Medical Foundation has provided scholarships to local area students who have pursued careers in the agricultural or medical field. The Foundation has awarded over $600,000 in scholarships to local area schools, and the foundation continues to provide these scholarships each spring.
All public high school seniors, college freshmen, and private and home-school seniors whose permanent residence has been within the below school districts for a minimum of one year prior to application are eligible.
- Olympia School District
- Tremont School District
- Delavan School District
- Hartsburg-Emden School District
- Deer Creek-Mackinaw School District
- Midwest Central School District
- Private & Home-School Seniors - See Notation Above
Applications are judged by an independent panel of judges who will review the applicants':
|ACT/SAT Scores||Financial Need (Optional)|
|Class Standing||Counselor's Recommendation|
|Applicant's Narrative||Other Favorable Recommendations|
2022 Scholarships to be Awarded:
- $3,000 Founder's (Healthcare) Scholarship
- $2,000 John Rossi Memorial Nursing Scholarship (May be awarded separate from or in addition to other winners.)
- $2,000 Donna Bitner Springer Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Neil Alford, Jr. Agricultural Scholarship
- $1,000 Phyllis Martin Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Orville Augsburger/Dorene Oehler Scholarship
- $1,000 David Eckhardt Scholarship
The 2022 Scholarship Application process is now closed and scholarships have been granted. If you are looking to apply for the Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing scholarship it has also closed. Information about this scholarship opportunity can be found on The Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing Scholarship page.
For questions, or additional information, please contact Becky Powell, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm at 309.449.4296. Winners were announced on April 15, 2022.
Please note: If you are applying for a nursing scholarship from this page, you might find it also beneficial to look at the Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing Scholarship information.