Since 1980, the Hopedale Medical Foundation has provided scholarships to local area students who have pursued careers in the agricultural or medical field. The Foundation has awarded over $570,000 in scholarships to local area schools, and the foundation continues to provide these scholarships each spring.
All public high school seniors, college freshmen, and private and home-school seniors whose permanent residence has been within the below school districts for a minimum of one year prior to application are eligible.
- Olympia School District
- Tremont School District
- Delavan School District
- Hartsburg-Emden School District
- Deer Creek-Mackinaw School District
- Midwest Central School District
- Christian Life Academy
- Private & Home-School Seniors - See Notation Above
Applications are judged by an independent panel of judges who will review the applicants':
|ACT/SAT Scores||Financial Need (Optional)|
|Class Standing||Counselor's Recommendation|
|Applicant's Narrative||Other Favorable Recommendations|
2023 Scholarships to be Awarded:
- $3,000 Founder's (Healthcare) Scholarship
- $2,000 John Rossi Memorial Nursing Scholarship (May be awarded separate from or in addition to other winners.)
- $2,000 Donna Bitner Springer Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Neil Alford, Jr. Agricultural Scholarship
- $1,000 Phyllis Martin Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 Orville Augsburger/Dorene Oehler Scholarship
- $1,000 David Eckhardt Scholarship
The 2023 Scholarship Application process is now open. If you are looking to apply for the Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing scholarship it is closed. Information about this scholarship opportunity can be found on The Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing Scholarship page.
2023 Hopedale Medical Foundation Scholarship Application
For questions, or additional information, please contact Mindy Peterson-Lindsey, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm at 309.449.4290. Deadline is March 31, 2023 at 4:00pm. Winners will be announced on or before April 21, 2023.
Please note: If you are applying for a nursing scholarship from this page, you might find it also beneficial to look at the Hopedale Medical Foundation Rural Nursing Scholarship information.