Hopedale Medical Foundation Announces $5,000 in Scholarships
Hopedale Medical Foundation proudly announces its 2016 scholarship winners. Candidate selections are made by an independent panel of judges who review applications from graduating seniors from Olympia, Hartsburg-Emden, Tremont, Dee-Mack, Midwest- Central and Delavan High Schools. College freshmen from these same schools are also eligible.
- The $1,000 Founder’s Scholarship in honor of HMC’s founder, Dr. Lawrence Rossi, went to Olympia High School’s Genevieve Maxine VanWye, daughter of Jerry and Connie VanWye of Atlanta. Genevieve plans to pursue a career in bovine embryology after attending the Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
- The $1,000 Orville Augsburger Scholarship, named in honor of a founding Board member, was awarded to Levi Troyer Litwiller, son of Dan and Suzette Litwiller of Hopedale. Levi, a student at Olympia High School, has chosen a career in mechanical engineering. He will attend Hesston College in Hesston, Kansas.
- The $1,000 David Eckhardt Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Valerie Ann Caldwell, daughter of Aaron and Amber Martin of Delavan. Valerie is a student at Delavan High School, and will pursue a nursing degree at Illinois Central College.
- The $1,000 Neil Alford, Jr. Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Hanna Lynn Shipton of Delavan. Hanna is the daughter of Matthew and Stacey Shipton of Delavan. She is a student at Delavan High School, and will be pursuing a career in agricultural communications at Iowa State University.
- The $1,000 Phyllis Martin Memorial Nursing Scholarship was awarded to Abigail Grace Stoller, daughter of Brett and Laurie Stoller of Tremont. Abigail is pursuing a career in nursing at OSF College of Nursing in Peoria, Illinois, after attending Illinois Central College.
The Hopedale Medical Foundation congratulates these outstanding students and thanks all who participated this year. The Foundation has awarded over $500,000 in healthcare and agricultural scholarships to local high school seniors and college freshmen since 1980. Donations from the public are appreciated and are 100% tax deductible. For more information, call Becky at (309) 449-4296.