Frequently Asked Questions from the Community?
Question #1 - Can the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine cause infertility in women?
- There is no scientific evidence to suggest that the vaccine could cause infertility in women. In addition, infertility is not known to occur as a result of natural COVID-19 disease, further demonstrating that immune responses to the virus, whether induced by infection or a vaccine, are not a cause of infertility. Reports on social media have falsely asserted that the vaccine could cause infertility in women and the FDA is concerned that this misinformation may cause women to avoid vaccination to prevent COVID-19, which is a potentially serious and life-threatening disease. More information can be found at the Food and Drug Administration website.
Question #2 - Should women who are pregnant or lactating receive the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that COVID-19 vaccines should not be withheld from pregnant individuals who meet criteria for vaccination based on ACIP-recommended priority groups.
- COVID-19 vaccines should be offered to lactating individuals similar to non-lactating individuals when they meet criteria for receipt of the vaccine based on prioritization groups outlined by the ACIP.
- While a conversation with a clinician may be helpful, it should not be required prior to vaccination, as this may cause unnecessary barriers to access.
- Additional detailed information can be found at American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Questions #3 - Are you currently offering COVID-19 Vaccines at Hopedale Medical Complex?
- Hopedale Medical Complex is not actively giving vaccines to the public and will not be in the future. Pharmacies such as CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Meijer, Hyvee, etc. will be the places that will handle the bulk of the next phases of the vaccine distribution in addition to the local health departments. Links to local county health departments are below.
Question #4 - I have more questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine? Where can I find answers to my questions?
- Check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Vaccine Website to get answers to some of these questions. Topics include:
- What are the benefits to getting vaccinated?
- Will the vaccines work?
- US Vaccinations by the Numbers
- What should I expect at my vaccine appointment?
- About the U.S. Vaccination Program
- Get answers to commons questions about the COVID-19 vaccines