“Open Enrollment” for Medicare beneficiaries ends December 7. Until then, Medicare recipients have a final opportunity to switch back to the “original” Medicare, or change their Medicare Advantage (Part C) or Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D) plans.
Since these decisions can be difficult to make, the staff at Hopedale Medical Complex will present two free educational sessions on Thursday, November 15 at 6:30pm and Sunday, November 18 at 1-2pm in The Commons East Grand Room, located at 211 SW Railroad. Melody Cowdrey, HMC Revenue Cycle Director, will answer frequently asked questions and discuss what to look out for when “shopping” for a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C).
Some options for changing your coverage include:
– Change back to the Original Medicare from a Medicare plan.
– Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
– Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
– Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
– Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
– Select the right supplement insurance to help pay some of your health care costs not covered by Medicare.
– Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. (Part D)
– Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
– Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
The Q and A sessions are FREE, open to the public and light refreshments will be served. For more information about Medicare Advantage Plans or Medicare prescription drug coverage, call 309-449-4377.
Medicare Advantage Educational Seminars:
Thursday, November 15 at 6:30pm and Sunday, November 18 at 1:00pm
The Commons East Grand Room (Hopedale Medical Complex)
211 SW Railr