Offering you expert recommendations for healthier living!
HMC’s Nutrition Service department is here to provide you with expert nutrition advice. We employ a two Registered Dietitians whose main objective is to offer you services to meet your individual needs and to help you reach your optimal level of health. One of our Registered Dieticians is also a Certified Diabetic Educator and can come speak to local groups about managing and preventing Diabetes in youth and adults.
New members of HMC’s Wellness Center receive one complimentary diet consult.
Whether you are interested in prevention, wellness, or disease management, our Registered Dietitian can address your particular needs through nutrition counseling.
We Can Help You:
- Lower your cholesterol level
- Control your blood pressure
- Lose weight or gain weight
- Learn how to read nutrition labels
- Make healthy food choices
- Lower your risk for heart disease and stroke
- Optimize your diabetes management
- Eat out without all the guilt
- Understand diets for various diseases
- Receive options for ease with chewing and swallowing difficulties
- Prepare for bariatric surgery
- Manage your diet for chronic kidney disease
Hours And How To Find Us
Our Registered Dietitians can be reached at:
The office is located in the hospital, next to the Medical Records.
Patients are seen by appointment only, and a physician referral is required.
Meet Our Registered Dietitian
Janelle Medernach received her Bachelor’s degree from Southern Illinois University; did her dietetic internship through Bradley University and had her internship in May of 2014 with HMC. She is currently working on her Master’s degree at Illinois State University.
For more information about nutrition services or to speak with an HMC dietician please call 309.449.4332.