- The $5,000 Founder’s Scholarship, the largest scholarship, went to Olympia High School’s Lindsay Morr, daughter of Curt and Allison Morr of Rural Bloomington. Lindsay plans to pursue a degree in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- The $4,000 Family Farm Scholarship went to Dee-Mack High School’s Amber Schmidgall, daughter of Eric and Sherry Schmidgall of Mackinaw. Amber plans to attend Illinois Central College in East Peoria this fall, and has chosen a career in Agricultural Education.
- The $3,000 Dorene Oehler Scholarship was awarded to Olympia High School’s Kali Hartzold, daughter of Joseph and Sharon Hartzold of Stanford. Kali plans to pursue a career in Athletic Training with a Pre-Med focus. She will be attending Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio in the fall.
- The $2,000 Orville Augsburger Scholarship, named in honor of a founding Board member, was awarded to Taylor Schweigert, son of Joe and Nancy Schweigert of Tremont. Taylor, a student at Tremont High School, has chosen a career in Medicine with the goal to become a Pediatrician. He will be attending the University of Illinois in Urbana.
- The $2,000 David Eckhardt Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Caleb Pflederer, son of Dr. Timothy and Georgia Pflederer of Tremont. Caleb is a student at Tremont High School, and he will be pursuing a career in Medicine. He will be attending the University of Illinois in Urbana.
- The $1,000 Neil Alford, Jr. Memorial Scholarships was awarded to Brittany Burk of Morton. Brittany, daughter of Colin and Jamie Burk, is a student at Morton High School and will be pursuing a Speech Language Therapy degree at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
- The $1,000 Phyllis Martin Memorial Nursing Scholarship was awarded to Chelsea Risinger, daughter of Stanley and Julie Risinger of Tremont. Chelsea is pursuing a career in Nursing. She will be attending Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
The Hopedale Medical Foundation congratulates these outstanding students and thanks all who participated this year. The Foundation has awarded over $450,000 in healthcare and agricultural scholarships to local high school seniors and college freshmen since 1980. Donations from the public are appreciated and are 100% tax deductible. For more information, call Jane at (309) 449-4296.